Friday, April 9, 2010

My version of "David's Chicken & Friends"


So today I had a craving for Wild Wing Cafe's "David's Chicken & Friends", but the Wild Wing Cafe near us just closed down! So I gave it a shot and came up with my own version and I must say it was pretty darn tasty!! Try for yourself....


What you'll need:

3 to 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into small cubes)

4 slices of bacon

2 green onions (thinly sliced)

grated cheddar cheese

hot sauce

ranch

seasoning salt & pepper

  1. First fry bacon until crisp & set aside

  2. Sprinkle chicken with seasoning salt & cook in bacon grease for about 4 to 5 mins (or until chicken is cooked thoroughly)

  3. While chicken is cooking, crumble bacon into a small baking dish, add a handful of grated cheddar cheese & sliced green onions. Mix together

  4. Use slotted spoon to remove chicken from grease & add to baking dish

  5. Add a couple of dashes of hot sauce ( I use more because I like it to have a little kick, but you could leave the hot sauce out all together)

  6. Pour in about 1/3 to 1/2 a cup of ranch (or more depending on how much you like ranch) & mix together

  7. Season with pepper & extra seasoning salt to taste

  8. Cover with shredded cheddar cheese & bake @ 325 for 10 mins or until cheese is melted

Serve warm with tortilla chips

Enjoy,
April

No comments:

Post a Comment