Friday, March 26, 2010

Inexpensive Curtains





So my dilemma started with my GYNOURMOUS sliding glass door.......I despised our vertical blinds, so I ripped them down!!! But as I looked for curtains I found that none of the less expensive ones were long enough to come all the way down to the floor and I refused to pay $100 for one panel. So whats a girl to do???? Make your own:) I searched high and low for the perfect fabric, but could never find the right one. Then one day I came across a drop cloth at Home Depot which was the perfect color and I loved the texture.....kinda reminded me of burlap but not as heavy!! And did I tell you I have a new obsession with burlap.....and that's when the light bulb went off!!

And here's what I did:
  1. I started with a unlined drop cloth for Home Depot (I think it was a 5x9 for around $10)

  2. Purchased curtain rod hooks with the little clips on them
  3. Got out my stitchery witchery

All you have to do is hang up the drop cloth on your curtain rod hooks to find out where you will need to hem it. Then get out your iron and stitchery witchery and hem away!! Once you've hemmed it wha la your done!! I still want to add a little something to it, but I think is fine for now!!


XOXO,

April

1 comment:

  1. Umm yeah I hate.. no no..I HATE vertical blinds. Ripped those puppies down the day after we moved in! Love your idea though.. GENIOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete