Thursday, September 9, 2010

Labor Day Labor.....Turned Shabby Chic

I hope everyone had a great Labor Day weekend!! We enjoyed our relaxing 4 day maybe a little to much......so on Labor Day I thought it would only be fair to do some manual LABOR!!

Recently I had purchased a dresser from Goodwill for $25 (sorry no before picture...my camera was DEAD and I just couldn't wait) It was a mess with dents, scratches & stickers all over it!! But the bones of it were in GREAT shape so I bought it & it sat in my garage.....until I decided it was time to give it a go on Labor Day!!

I started out by cleaning it and taking the hardware & stickers off! Then I spray painted it with a white primer.....Really?? who has time to sand!!

Paint it CUTE and let it dry if you can be patient....which I totally can not!!
Next all the hardware needed to be replaced......I got the pulls for ONLY .94 cents....YES you read that correctly..... .94 cents a piece at Lowes!! SCORE:)

Here's the catch they were BRASS!! And I don't do brass....so I spray painted them with gray primer and then spray painted them black (stuff I already had around the house)

Then I distressed it......I am absolutely in LURVE with the Shabby Chic look right now!!! And it's so easy to do!! You can use sand paper, but your finger nail works just as good....maybe even better!!

Now all I have to do is find a home for it & move on to my next furniture victim!!

XOXO,

April


No comments:

Post a Comment