Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Quick & Easy Chicken and Dumplings

Today is officially the first day of FALL:)
So I wanted to share one of my all time favorite comfort food meals to make.....to kick off the Fall Season!!
YUMMMMM

Quick & Easy Chicken and Dumplings

(printable version)


what you need:

4 cups of water

3 cups cooked chicken

*I use a rotisserie chicken from the deli, a whole chicken makes about 3 cups

2 cans of cream of chicken

2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules

1 teaspoon of pepper (of course I use more;)

1/2 teaspoon of salt

1 (6 oz) can of refrigerated buttermilk biscuits

*you can use more if you want more dumplings.


Bring water, chicken, cream of chicken & bouillon granules to a boil in a Dutch Oven over med-high heat, stirring often.

Separate biscuits in half, forming 2 rounds; cut each round in half. Drop biscuit pieces, 1 at a time, into boiling mixture; stir gently.

Cover, reduce heat to low, & simmer. Stirring occasionally for 15 to 20 mins until dumplings are cooked.

*After my dumplings are cooked, I remove my pot from the heat & let it sit for a few mins to thicken!

{recipe courtesy of Southern Living}

Enjoy,

April

No comments:

Post a Comment