Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Easy & Cheap Art


OK..........so I'm all about some easy & cheap ways to decorate my house!! I tend to change things in my house so much, I know if I buy decorations that are expensive they will one day (very soon) end up in a plastic bin, in my garage, in decoration heaven!! So my rule of thumb has always been.......Buy more expensive BIG pieces of furniture that you will keep for a long time & accessorize your house with inexpensive things.....so you won't feel so bad about getting rid of them when you want to change things up;)

So I started out with a $3 picture frame I found at Wally World and removed the glass!!


Then I took a fake pear I already had in a fruit bowl in the kitchen & cut it in half!!



Next all you need to do is hot glue the pear half onto the picture frame.........



And Wha La.......instant art for my kitchen & it only cost me $3 buck a roos!!
Which makes me insanely happy:)


XOXO,
April

No comments:

Post a Comment