Thursday, August 19, 2010

Mason Jar Soap Dispenser

I'm sure some of you have seen something like this floating around the blogosphere!!
If not...I made one yesterday & I HAD to show you how to make your own:


Mason Jar Soap Dispenser



So my guest bathroom started off like this:

(The lighting is terrible in the guest bathroom and the lights for some reason make everything look pink!! EWWWW & Totally disregard the nasty mirror too.... I cleaned it after looking at these pictures)

A typical BORING Dial soap dispenser!! Not quite the look I was going for....but I'm CHEAP & I REFUSE to pay $10+ on a pretty one!! But I LOATH it.....
I really, really do!!


So I gathered up these supplies that I already had around the house:

  1. mason Jar
  2. wine bottle opener
  3. sand paper
  4. pliers
  5. soap w/ pump

Then I used the sandpaper to remove any writing on the lid....do this in small circles!(after this step you may want to seal the lid so it doesn't rust....I skipped this step because I'm ok with a little rust....I think it gives it more character)


Next punch a hole in the center with a wine bottle opener!


Make the hole larger by using your pliers to pull back the lid

(don't make the whole to big....you want your dispenser to fit tightly in the hole so it won't move around)

(I used the dispenser from my Dial soap:)

After that all you have to do is fill your Mason Jar up with soap and screw on the lid:)

XOXO,

April

No comments:

Post a Comment