Friday, August 6, 2010

Dollar Store Hurricanes

{picture courtesy of Williams-Sonoma}

I am infatuated with these Williams-Sonoma hurricanes (correction...I am infatuated with almost everything in that store) and I'm not gonna lie, I was on the verge of purchasing TWO of them!! Can you really just have ONE?? NEGATIVE
Then while searching around on Blogland......I found the Thrifty Decor Chick's version and I must say I just want to kiss her little feet.....THANK YOU!!! I would have had to cut off my arm & my leg to get the ones from WS!! And now I get to keep my arm & leg and have two hurricanes!!
HIP HIP HOORAY........I LOVE when I get my way:)


I purchased these two candle stick holders & two glass cylinders at.......
THE DOLLAR STORE:) WHAT??



Break out the old trusty hot glue gun and glue those bad boys together!!





And this is the end results.....not exactly the same, but pretty darn close!!
Just to show what you can do with these and how big they are: I put a tall pillar candle in one & filled the other one with shells......the possibilities are endless!


I can't wait to decorate these for the Fall:)


Whole project cost - $4


XOXO,
April

No comments:

Post a Comment