Friday, February 19, 2010

10 minute Chili

So, I usually don't make chili in February in Florida but its been really cold lately, so tonight I decided to make a farewell chili dinner. Hopefully, this will be the last time I make this until the fall and not because I don't lurve it...cause I do, I really, really do & so does the hubby. I'm just hoping for some warm weather soon....very soon. I usually make this for the first time every year the day we go and pick out our pumpkins for Halloween (it's kinda become a little tradition) and I usually retire it in January....that is until this year! So if it's still chilly where you are and you need a quick warm "stick to your ribs" kind of meal here you go:

This is all you'll need
{you will also need 1lb of ground beef..sorry beef you were thawing in the sink for this picture}

Directions

  • brown ground beef and drain off the grease
  • add Chili-O packet and give it a good stir (it will be thick)
  • next add your can of tomato soup...you can use the good stuff or be cheap like me and use the store brand
  • then add a can of ro*tel tomatoes (you could use regular diced tomatoes, but for me it doesn't give it enough of a kick...I like it a little spicy)
  • last but not least add your can of beans
  • then put a lid on it and let it sit on med heat for about 5mins until heated thoroughly. This is when you want to taste it, add some salt and pepper. Some times I get a little frisky and squirt in a big glob of spicy brown mustard or add a little minced garlic:) YUMMO

** if your making this for more than 2 or 3, you'll probably want to double the recipe**

That's it your done!

My husband loves for me to put Fritos in the bottom of his bowl, put a huge serving of chili on top, and finish it off with some grated Cheddar cheese. If I have some sour cream in the fridge I' ll even throw on a little "dollop of daisy."

Enjoy,
April

No comments:

Post a Comment